Social media, content, PR, sales consultant @ Healthy Startups
Today I was lucky enough to attend the Connect Expo 2014 Digital Health Summit in Melbourne, Australia*. It's after 11:45pm on Friday (AEST) as I type this and I'm exhausted, but I wanted to write up a quick post about the day before I jump into some more detailed reflection and analysis of the conference next week:
- Far and way the most interesting and engaging presentation of the day was the case study The digital hospital in action: a sneak peak of St Stephen's Hervey Bay. The presentation was delivered by Richard Royle, Executive Director UnitingCare Health Queensland
See more at the Connect Digital Health Summit website
- If you have been following this blog for some time you will know of my interests in UI/UX in healthcare and health clinic/ hospital design. St Stephen's Hervey Bay will be Australia's premier digital hospital boasting clinician driven design that delivers enhanced services to patients. The hospital will be a showcase of how digital technologies shape the healthcare experience. The AU$ 87.5 million project is set to be completed in September 2014
- The chance to hear more from my colleague Lissanthea Taylor from Rise Healthcare Group, healthinnov8.com and HealthTech Sydney Meetup Group on collaboration and community building to drive innovation in health
- Rachel Desain from Flaxworks presented a detailed look at design thinking in healthcare and patient centered care
- The 'best' part of the event was the chance to meet so many innovators and champions of digital health. When you live outside the USA you can sometimes develop the impression that innovation, startup, mhealth, quantified self and technology culture is all driven out of Silicon Valley. Yet, all the way out in Australia, there are startups, accelerators, entrepreneurs, doctors, patients, software and IT vendors, cloud technologies, mobile applications that are changing the way, and even leading the way, in which we deliver healthcare in to the future. More on that soon!
I also spent a lot of time on the trade show floor speaking with people from Tunstall Healthcare, uHealth, BluePoint (who gave me a chance to try the awesome Chromebook Pixel!), Ruckus Wireless, Cruiser Interactive and (saved the most awesome for last) GE Healthcare.
All in all, a most awesome day. Now... I must sleep!
* Disclosure: I received a complimentary media pass to attend the Connect Expo 2014 Digital Health Summit.